Meals on wheels
Meals on Wheels is a non-profit organization situated in Walnut Creek that looks after the nutritional needs, healthcare, and companionship of the senior members of the community.
What we delivered:
We created a custom theme for Meals on Wheels and developed it into a WordPress website. WordPress is a highly customizable content management system that has over 55,000 plugins to modify and manage website content. We have used such plugins to manage the video feeds, create a photo gallery, and manage donations on this website.
We created a responsive web design that rescales itself as per the device, resolution, display size to maintain the same user experience. Such a website design doesn’t need any resizing or zooming to show the content.
We have performed cross-browser testing to confirm that this website functions the same in all the major website browsers.
- About Us: This page includes 5 sub-menus such as
- Leadership: We have added information about every important board member of Meals on Wheels leadership
- Financials: This section includes the annual financial reports of the organization since the year 2015.
- Careers: This page is created for Meals on Wheels to post available job requirements. Interested candidates can directly apply.
- Contact Us: We created a contact form to allow volunteers and supporters to contact the organization.
- Programs: Meals on Wheels has several programs dedicated to helping senior members of the community.
- Meals on Wheels: This page gives more information on program subscription eligibility, food menu, food delivery, cost, and other related topics.
- C.C. Cafes: C.C. Cafes is a program created for senior citizens where they can get together, meet other members, and enjoy healthy lunch. Members can also participate in Yoga sessions, bridge, crafts, or bingo. We have listed all the café locations, their food menu, cost, and reservation.
- Fall Prevention: Fall Prevention provides Fall Screening, Education, Evidence-based individual and group exercise classes, and Home safety modification services for seniors aged 60 and older in Contra Costa County. This service is specially created to look after the senior citizens who are from isolated, underserved, and lower-income communities
- Friendly Visitor: This program is focused on those senior members of the society who are isolated and cannot travel, drive to meet their relatives as much as they used to. Volunteers can do weekly 1-hour visits with these members.
- Care Management: This module consists of a team of care managers who coordinate with the family members of the senior citizens for any needs and provide solutions. Care management also looks into Emergency Assistance and Elder Abuse Prevention.
- Artful Aging: This module of the website shares blogs, tips, food advice, and some important pieces of information on physical and mental health, fitness, and exercise.
- Give: This section is created to facilitate the donation towards the organization. Meals on Wheels provides different ways of donating such as
- Amazon Smiles – donate to any charity via Amazon Smiles
- Legacy Giving – support a charity in a larger manner such as via a Trust/ Will, investment, retirement plans, insurance policies, etc.
- Stock Donations – transfer stocks to a non-profit organization
- Donate a Vehicle – Meals on Wheels has partnered with Able Auto Charity Donation Corporation to receive a vehicle as a donation and turn it into a meal or support vehicle for the organization.
- Volunteer: We created this page for Meals On Wheels so that people who want to connect and help take care of senior citizens can join our non-profit organization. Volunteers can help to deliver the meals on a weekly basis, help in taking the reservations, set up and serve meals, become a friendly visitor for elderly people, help the organization by helping at the office
- News: We created this section to list out the past as well as ongoing events and activities of the organization. We have also created different sub-sections for newsletters, press releases, photo galleries, and social media feeds.