1951 is a non-profit specialty coffee organization based in the San Francisco Bay Area that promotes the wellbeing of refugees and asylum seekers. They started a training program called ‘’1951 Barista Training Program’ which is a 2-weeks program designed to teach the fundamentals of coffee brewing, using an espresso machine, basics of customer service, and navigating the American workplace. Once the training is completed, participants can start searching for jobs using their own employment programs.
Project requirement: Website revamping
The 1951 Coffee website had a lot of template-based issues. The current navigation and structure of the website were confusing for the customers. Brand transparency in terms of their success stories and results were missing from the website. What do they do from the donation received from the customer was not properly communicated.
What we delivered:
- Brand consistency: We used bold colors and photos of team members to build a new look. We maintained the brand guidelines to keep the consistency on all the pages and materials displayed on the website, which helped in strong brand recognition.
- Business locations: We highlighted each of their cafe locations on the main menu to make it easier to find on search engine results.
- Social presence: Most of the customers like to read reviews before going to any new places, hence we connected their social media accounts to the website via social plugins.
- Mission statement: We carefully highlighted the company mission to create awareness among the customers and to get them to participate in the donation drive.
- Success stories: We highlighted the success stories of some of the participants of their ‘1951 Barista Training Program’ whose life was exceptionally changed with the help of 11951 Coffee’s initiative.